Urgen!! WM 11 Unknown Error Code. RRS feed

• Question

• I'd been installed Vista for about 5 mths and everything is working ok (sometimes it crashes but no big deal), now I'm running problem with Windows Media Player.  Before is doing fine but today, when I put a DVD in and try to Play it, error message pop up:"Your Computer is running low in memory."  Which is NO WAY (with 2 GB Ram??  Don't Think So!!  8P)  Use the web help button, all it says is:

Windows Media Player Error Message Help

You've encountered error message C00D11C6 while using Windows Media Player. Additional information is not currently available for this error.

Technical Details

This error might have been triggered by an error in another program or component of Windows. The following information describes the original error.

Original Error Code

Original Error Message

8007000E

error message not available

Need Help ASAP!!!  Thanks!!!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 6:26 AM

All replies

• I am getting the same error, it worked fine last week and this week on both computers I have running vista I get this error.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
    Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:22 PM
  • I am also getting the same error. Last week it worked fine for me. I have searched for a solution and there seems to be heaps of people with the same problem and no one has a fix. The error must be wrong as i have a gig of ram.

Surely someone must have a fix for this??

Friday, November 17, 2006 10:13 AM
  • yep im sure there are going to be a lot more of us with this problem

i have reloaded everyting and tried everthing but no luck

dont know what microsoft did but im sure no ones is working

well i hope they fix it quick or i will be loading xp back on my puter

well no movies on my puter for now

good luck

Friday, November 17, 2006 1:42 PM
  • Strangely enough, I haven't been able to get Media Player or Media Center to play DVDs. So I tried my old Dell CinePlayer, which was said to have know compatibility issues with Vista. I ran the program and it gave me a popup saying that it was known to have compatibility issues. I clicked to run the application anyway and it ran fine and i was able to watch DVDs on it. Ironic eh?
    Saturday, November 18, 2006 1:31 AM
  • yes -- ya i loaded dvd shrink and that plays movies just fine

but i would like to use the media center i like how that works and i would rather not load programs i dont want

so i guess i will just have to wait

did get notice back from microsoft stating that this problem would be fixxed in the final release go figure

if you get lucky i fix the problem let me know i think im going to reload xp -- i had that rocking

grant

Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:06 AM
  • turn your clock back to some time before oct 31st and all dvds will play fine

not a fix but it will do for now have a great day

grant

Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:37 AM
  • hello all

i have a fix for this problem yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ok i have a ati all in wonder 9800 pro video card

ok i went to the ati site----------- drivers

------------------------------------------windows vista 32 bit and loaded this file

then went to the drivers for windows xp home

-------------------------------------------windows xp home

------------------------------------------dvd decoder (only this file)

------------------------------------------and saved to my download file

------------------------------------------then ran install

-----------------------------------------went in perfectly and low and behold it loaded the dvd decoder for mc and mp

so in final find out what card you have and then go to your site and download the dvd decoder for windows xp

and all should work great mine does

last but not least if you have a ati card you will have to have your disk in the cd drive to valadate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but do not open it

GRANT

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:49 PM
  • Hi Grant,

i'm using ATI Mobility Radeon X300
    i've installed the Vista 32 bits ATI driver. but i can't find the DVD decoder. Please HELP!!

Thankz

JTHK

Sunday, December 3, 2006 2:53 PM
  •  

Sunday, December 3, 2006 10:42 PM
  • sorry go to the ati site allinwonder file for radon 9800 windows xp and there you will find the driver

its the same driver

grant

Sunday, December 3, 2006 10:47 PM
  • Hi there.. i've downloaded the file from http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/common/mmc9-15.html but i dun hav ATI driver CD. i only hav all in 1 drivers and utility CD from dell. it seems not working after i location that CD and enter the location of the CD.

what shud i do?? Please help! thankz

Monday, December 4, 2006 2:23 PM
  • not good my friend --- i think you may be able to get the drivers for dvd decoder from dell

or contact dell

they should be able to help you

grant

Tuesday, December 5, 2006 3:36 AM
  • thankz Grant...
    Tuesday, December 5, 2006 7:19 AM
  • I have the same error code on a PC with a AMD board & ATI X700 video, running XP Media Center 2005 & Media Player 10.  It happens only playing some AVI files, and not on others.
    Friday, March 23, 2007 10:33 PM
  • I got the same error code but I am no computer geek. I was just trying to listen to the radio on my Media Player like I always do and I got this message. Low Memory. I have 70% of my memory free so I don't undertand why it is happening. I tried deleting some of the programs on my computer anyway and it did no good.
    I have no idea what to do about this. I have rebooted. Vista is pretty worthless.
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 7:39 PM