none
Query regarding Parallel Processing Blocks in Project Server 2013 Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in a Site Workflow as follows :

1. Whenever a list item of a partcular list gets changed within a time span of 5 days, it must send an email remainder to users

2. And without the item of that list getting changed, the workflow must send another notification email on everyday for 5 days

So this requires a parallel processing, as when I add a 'List Action' as : "Wait for an Event : When an item is changed" for sending the mail described in point 1, the workflow will wait till a list item is changed. If none of the item changes for 5 days, then no mail will be sent, and the workflow will simply wait till then. 

But say i need to send a mail on 2nd day from the workflow to all users, then how can i achieve it, as the Workflow is waiting here for an event on the list item to happen.

I tried using the "Parallel Block" in the Workflow designer and used a condition over there and tried sending a mail from that block, but that is resulting in the 'Cancellation of Workflow'.

Can anybody guide me how to achieve this in a simple way? 

Thanks,

Shanky

Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:37 AM