none
The number of free tapes in the Tape Library IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library is less than or equals the threshold value of 4. You must add tape to the library and mark it as free in order to prevent future backups from failing. (ID 3305)

Question

• The number of free tapes in the Tape Library IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library is less than or equals the threshold value of 4. You must add tape to the library and mark it as free in order to prevent future backups from failing. (ID 3305)

Is very inconvenience.
    This threshold should be configurable.
    Why DPM hunger of tapes? We just want to backup, want ever require on bytes written to tapes.
    We already calculated how many TB need to backup to tapes and we prepare necessary tapes will not exceeded more then we calculated.

• Edited by Oneoa Monday, February 27, 2012 2:49 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I agree this should be configurable, but currently it is not.  If you don't inactivate the alert you won't get any new ones

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:39 PM
  • DPM2012, I see the same issue. 9 free tapes in the library, is it not ok for DPM ? :)

Just my $0.02.

mcse^4

Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

There were no changes in DPM 2012 with regards to the free tape threshold.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:00 PM
  • Must change on DB SQL, trust me make it 1 or 0 make life easy.

DPM 2010 with latest roll-up (KB2615782) | DELL Server R710 (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) RAM: 24GB PF: 36-60GB | DELL TL4000 (4 Drives) | DELL TL2000 (2 Drives) | D2T Backup No Disk Pool (Electric & Disk Costly) | And still struggling and monitoring... Battle continues... life never happy ever after.. :(

Monday, July 09, 2012 7:32 AM