none
The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred: The system cannot find the path specified.

Question

• My user share drives are hosted in Win Server 2012. 60% of Win 7 PCs can map and access the drives with no problems but about 40% cannot map any of the drives. There is never been any change on security, the time/date between client PC and the server are the same, I flushed and renewed IPs/DNSs, I found nothing wrong in user accounts, I found nothing wrong in cabling.

This is where most client PCs can map and few cannot map: "D:\Users\userName" then I created another folder under Users and moved few userNames that cannot map into that folder and they mapping fine to the new path: "D:\Users\Home\userName".

I am not convinced with this solution as I have a very big organization, now having to move everyone and and give each of the permissions into their folders will cost me time.

Any other ideas as to how this can be fixed?

Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    What detail error is showed for the few clients when they map the folder? And are there any related events logged in the event viewer?
    And for me, I would check the difference between the working client and the problematic client to see if some helpful information could be found for troubleshooting, such as permission.
    And based on your workaround, it seems that the permission on the D:\Users\userName may be the cause, you could check this aspect firstly.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 17, 2017 9:11 AM