Skype For Business Mac - a different screen sharing issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I'm using SfB version 16.28.130 on a MacBook Air A1932 with macOS Catalina version 10.15.2.

SfB in general works just fine except the issue I face when screen sharing. Read all the Q&As but the issues I found were different I experienced.

When trying to share screen in a multi members Skype Meeting a "Loading meeting content..." message appears on the top of the screen in the middle of the amber frame besides the Stop sharing button - which is normal, but after about 5 seconds the frame disappears. Colleagues on the other side saw my screen for few seconds then it's gone. After multiple trials the same happens.

Other issue - which is surely points to the same root cause - is when others are sharing screen with me - again in a multi members meeting - I see the screen loading and appearing for few seconds and then disappears. No way to bring it back.

Surprisingly there is no issue when sharing or receiving screen share in a one to one meeting.

I've removed SfB and reinstalled it couple of times already, didn't help, no change..

Pls advise what to do, it really impacts my business life.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Please make sure your client version is up to date and network environment is normal.

Based on my knowledge, we recommend you make sure desktop sharing settings are enabled on your Skype for Business Server.

Also you can try to use Skype for Business for Windows to share screen to see if this issue still persist.

Besides, you can try to delete the client cache and restart it again to see if it works.

For more details about solving screen share issue in Skype for Business, you can refer to:

http://communicationsknowledge.blogspot.com/2016/03/unable-to-share-desktop-in-skype-for.html

If the above cannot solve your problem, we recommend you check if there are some error logs in your server.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:01 AM
  • Thanks for coming back on my concern!

On Windows there's no issue at all so the server setups are fine as they are. This makes me think that the issue is with the SfB Mac version.

Any clue pls?

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 5:18 PM
  • I have the same issue with trying to see screen sharing from others: the sharing keeps dropping off every 3 seconds or so. I'm able to see the content for a couple of seconds when selecting menu (...) -> Show Content. I already tried the steps mentioned here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/d257dced-977e-45e7-a689-81c26a330ec1/skype-for-business-mac-screenshare-keeps-dropping-off?forum=sfbfr but they had no effect on the situation.

I would be interested in the solution as well.

• Edited by Anniina Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:07 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:57 PM
  • Hi PeterJeney!

What is your current environment? On-premise or online?

According to your description, if your environment is online,we think it may be related to client version.

We recommend you try to install another version of the client for Mac to see if this issue still persists.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 9:41 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:16 AM