Windows 7 - Adjust Animation Speed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi @ all...

Is it possible to adjust the anmination speed of the minimizing, maximizing, snap-feature and so on?
    Perhaps something like changing a value in the registry which sets the animation time in milliseconds?

Thanks for all solutions...

Greetz
    -Osiris-
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi -Osiris-,

Based on my knowledge, we cannot change the animation speed of the minimizing, maximizing, snap-feature. However, it is possible to set the Aero Peak desktop preview delay time. To do this, please refer to the steps below:

1. Click the "Start" button, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the "Search" bar, right click on the "regedit.exe" found in the list and then click "Run as administrator".

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

3. Right click the Advanced entry on the left pane, choose "Export", select "Desktop" in the "Save in" box and type "backup" (without quotation marks) in "File Name". Click "Save".

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named "backup.reg". We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the "backup.reg" file.

4. Right click on the Advanced entry on the left pane, choose "New" -> "DWORD".

5. Rename the DWORD as DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime.

6. Double click the newly created DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime, choose Decimal and change its value to the one you desired.

NOTE: Remember the value should be given in milliseconds, so if you want to set the delay time to 5 seconds, set the value to 6000.

7. Log off the user account or restart the computer to take effect.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by -Osiris- Friday, November 6, 2009 5:04 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi -Osiris-,

Based on my knowledge, we cannot change the animation speed of the minimizing, maximizing, snap-feature. However, it is possible to set the Aero Peak desktop preview delay time. To do this, please refer to the steps below:

1. Click the "Start" button, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the "Search" bar, right click on the "regedit.exe" found in the list and then click "Run as administrator".

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

3. Right click the Advanced entry on the left pane, choose "Export", select "Desktop" in the "Save in" box and type "backup" (without quotation marks) in "File Name". Click "Save".

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named "backup.reg". We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the "backup.reg" file.

4. Right click on the Advanced entry on the left pane, choose "New" -> "DWORD".

5. Rename the DWORD as DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime.

6. Double click the newly created DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime, choose Decimal and change its value to the one you desired.

NOTE: Remember the value should be given in milliseconds, so if you want to set the delay time to 5 seconds, set the value to 6000.

7. Log off the user account or restart the computer to take effect.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by -Osiris- Friday, November 6, 2009 5:04 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:38 AM
  • Hi Linda,

thanks for your fast post and your detailed help...I made the changes as you sad...I hope MS will give us the feature to change the animation speed in the near future, because I want to work with my PC very quick, but don't miss the animation, so switching the animations off is no solution for me^^

Adjust some animations speed would be fine...

Thanks for your help

Greetz
    -Osiris-
    Friday, November 6, 2009 5:04 PM
  • How can I do this to windows 10?
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:48 PM