Azure RMS licensing for FCI Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I hope someone can help with this because I am not able to find a clear statement about that. The question is: Do we need an specific type of Azure RMS suscription to be able to use the RMS Connector for a FCI server? There are three types of Azure RMS suscriptions: Office 365 (with the appropiate plan), Azure RMS Stand-Alone and Enterprise Mobility Suite. Is it true that Office 365 suscription is not authorized to use the RMS connector for FCI Servers?We do have an O365 plan and when I query the RMS Service I get this line FciEnabledForConnectorAuthorization : True but there is no information at all about what it means

Thanks in advance

// Raúl - I love this game

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:11 AM

Answers

• For feature support, there's no difference between Azure RMS with the standalone version or in EMS.  So you don't need EMS to use the FCI option with the RMS connector.
    • Marked as answer by RMoros Monday, April 13, 2015 1:51 PM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 1:15 PM

All replies

• You'll find your answer here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dn858608

So yes, using the RMS connector for FCI isn't supported with an Office 365 subscription.

Saturday, April 11, 2015 6:47 PM
  • Hi Carol and thanks for your answer. Now I Know that O365 is not suitable for the RMS Connector for FCI, but what about the other two options? Is the Stand-Alone suscription ready for using it or do we need an EMS license (I hope not)?

Thanks again

Monday, April 13, 2015 9:13 AM
  • For feature support, there's no difference between Azure RMS with the standalone version or in EMS.  So you don't need EMS to use the FCI option with the RMS connector.
    • Marked as answer by RMoros Monday, April 13, 2015 1:51 PM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 1:15 PM
  • Ok

Thanks so much

Monday, April 13, 2015 1:51 PM