none
Helios Texpad

General discussion

• Here's a really straight forward easy one. I use this for training purposes a lot.

Step 1 - Prepare the sequencing machine by adding the following Exclusions to the Exclusions list:

Launch the App-V Sequencer. Browse to Tools-->Options

%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Installer

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Ensure Windows Search and Windows Defender services have been stopped on the machine.

Step 2 - Sequence the Application

Choose all defaults in the App-V Sequencing Wizard until you get to the window prompting you to provide a Package name. Name the package accordingly e.g. Helios Textpad 5.4.2. Take note of the Primary Directory e.g. Q:\Helios Textpad 5.4.2 as you'll want to install the application here. Click Next.

Choose Perform a custom installation. Click Next.

Launch the installeri. Ensure you select custom during the installation, ensure you choose to browse on the Dialog which allows you to choose what components to install, this will allow you to change the install directory. Change it from it's C:\Program Files\  directory to Q:\Helios Textpad 5.4.2 to match the primary directory set earlier in the sequence.

Check the box to indicate the install has been completed once you have successfully installed the application.

One the next screen you can launch Helios Textpad. If you would like you could browse to the Preferences/Options and change the colours or make other customizations. Once you have closed the application. Click Next.

If you would like to stream from a server you should choose to customize the application further. This will allow you to modify the File Type associations and shortcut if you would like. Personally I remove all FTA's because my preference is to leave the default FTAs for txt files etc. to open with Windows native Notepad but it's up to you. When complete click next.

Now you may launch to capture the Feature Block 1 (What will appear first to the user) Here I launch the application and click on File, Edit and Help to ensure the menus appear right on launch time. When complete close the application and click next.

When complete you may select File-->SaveAs

Save the application to the relevant path (what you set in the Deployment tab)

Step 3 - Application Complete

That's it. Helios TextPad is pretty easy. Actually most text editors are, I like to use these for training purposes and they are good for demo-ing the use of File Type Associations.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:25 PM