How to remove Authentication on subsite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have main site which prompts useranem and password as soon you try to access site.

I have a "pages" directory in subsite of that main site and it has some pages , I need to access those some pages without being prompt for username and password . meant access to all ,  Is it possible in sharepoint?

we are using MOSS 2007.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:36 PM

Answers

• In SharePOint you are suppose to be prompted for credentials when accessing site. even if its top level or subsite

Now what you can do is, you can enable anonymous access on the on the web application by going to

Central admin--application management--authentication provider--select web app name--check anonymous access

Now you can directly go to the subsite, after that go to site actions--site settings--advanced permission

go to settings--choose anonymous access and enabled it for "list & libraries"

Now go to that list called "pages"

go to settings--manage permission for the list and add all the users here

Now there are two ways:

1. Either access the subsite and then go to the list

2. send the link to the "pages" library in your subsite to users and ask them to access it directly

Visit: http://yagyashree.wordpress.com MCP & MCTS [WSS 3.0/MOSS]
    • Proposed as answer by Yagya Shree Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jay033 Friday, June 12, 2009 3:13 PM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

What i understand from post is you need to provide permission on pages library only.

First remove permissions from list then go to pages library -> Settings -> Document library Settings

Click Permission for this list library  and set appropriate permissions there.

Ashraf ul Islam
    Sharepoint Consultant
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:18 PM
  • In SharePOint you are suppose to be prompted for credentials when accessing site. even if its top level or subsite

Now what you can do is, you can enable anonymous access on the on the web application by going to

Central admin--application management--authentication provider--select web app name--check anonymous access

Now you can directly go to the subsite, after that go to site actions--site settings--advanced permission

go to settings--choose anonymous access and enabled it for "list & libraries"

Now go to that list called "pages"

go to settings--manage permission for the list and add all the users here

Now there are two ways:

1. Either access the subsite and then go to the list

2. send the link to the "pages" library in your subsite to users and ask them to access it directly

Visit: http://yagyashree.wordpress.com MCP & MCTS [WSS 3.0/MOSS]
    • Proposed as answer by Yagya Shree Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jay033 Friday, June 12, 2009 3:13 PM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:26 PM
  • Thank you , it worked.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:42 PM