No notification sounds RRS feed

• Question

• I am using IE 11.0.13 and I don't have chat and notification sounds on Facebook site (I checked if the notification sound is enabled from Facebook settings-is ON). On Youtube and other sites works good-I have sound and video. The Shockwave Flash Object version is 15.0.0.189. On other browsers I have that notification sounds.

Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Answers

• Assuming Win8.1 64-bit...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting my post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win8 (or Win8.1) come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win8 (or Win8.1), or did you upgrade a (e.g., Win7) computer to Win8 (or Win8.1)?

1c. Was this a sudden, new problem or...?

2. What is the full name of your installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite, if any (i.e., other than Defender) and when (approx. date) does your current subscription, if any, expire? What third-party anti-spyware applications (i.e., other than Defender) are installed? What third-party firewall (if any)?

3. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

5. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

6. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; Glary Utilities; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component)?

7. Have you checked your settings...

• Control Panel | Sound | Sounds (tab) | Program Events <=here?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, November 10, 2014 2:12 AM
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:39 PM

All replies

• I am using IE 11.0.13...

Win7 or Win8.1?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:27 PM
  • Windows 8.1. I forgot to mention that I searched in the Internet Options->tab Advanced->Multimedia and all the boxes are marked (if this helps).
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:37 PM
  • Assuming Win8.1 64-bit...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting my post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win8 (or Win8.1) come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win8 (or Win8.1), or did you upgrade a (e.g., Win7) computer to Win8 (or Win8.1)?

1c. Was this a sudden, new problem or...?

2. What is the full name of your installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite, if any (i.e., other than Defender) and when (approx. date) does your current subscription, if any, expire? What third-party anti-spyware applications (i.e., other than Defender) are installed? What third-party firewall (if any)?

3. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

5. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

6. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; Glary Utilities; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component)?

7. Have you checked your settings...

• Control Panel | Sound | Sounds (tab) | Program Events <=here?

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, November 10, 2014 2:12 AM
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:39 PM