none
Forums in another meltdown today RRS feed

• Question

• As of about an hour ago no forums support viewing of only 'Unread' messages.

There has clearly been a change in the software.  The screen are all slightly different.  Fonts are bigger and colors have changed.

I have checked this from numerous systems and from a logged in to an anonymous connection. 

For about an hour mu profile had disappeared.  It cam back in pieces over a 5 minute period but still may be missing bits.

Is it possible for the administrators of this forum to place a flag on the forum banner when the software is being changed?  If us poor users knew when to expect this it might be less aggravating.

Oh - I also notice that teh screen bits are all  in differnt places.  The "weve found similar question'" is now on top instead of on the right.  Nice going.  The screen is now really ugly annd confusing.

XPSP3-IE8, Win7SP1-IE9, WS2003-IE8.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• This post took me almost 15 minutes to get it it post.   I kept getting repeated page errors.

WHat is going on.  This is now happening every week.  We get at least ome day wher nothing seems to work.  Posts faile and logins fail.

Every link I clicked took me to the "Create Profile" page.  That only stopped after I made a benign change to the page and saved it.  This happened if I clicked 'Reply', 'Cancel', 'Ask a Question'.  Anything caused the "Create a Profile" page to display.

I am trying to save this pots an I get repeated message boxes saying "unexpected error" - title "message from webpage.  Tis is now happening on three computers on different networks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:26 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:23 AM
  • The reply above took another 5+ minutes to post.  The right menu and profile come and go randomly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:24 AM
  • Is there a problem with the forums or forum profiles?

For the last few hours I can log into the forums, but they act as if I have no profile. Does anyone else have this problem? There is a link to "sign out", but no avatar, no "My Threads", and no "My Profile". There is a link to "Create a Profile". If I attempt to ask a question or reply, I get a display to edit my profile. Doesn't help to cancel or save. Briefly, I seemed to regain my profile and I did some activity, but suddenly no profile again. I have no problems in the Technet Wiki, where I can edit and comment fine (except that all Wiki activity is still 7 hours off).

My profile just returned, so I am posting this question before I lose it again.

I composed the above ahead of time. Glad I am not alone. Completely unusable.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:32 AM
  • Yes, I also have this problem. Keeps putting me to identity page and signed out but not signed out.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:44 AM
  • Yes - go to link that say create profile and maje any single vcharacter change - save profile.  You willmagically be allowed to post again for at least a few minutes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:47 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for reporting the issue!

Forums and Profile teams are deploying an update right now. We aware of the problem and working on fixing it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Forums Test Team

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:48 AM
  • I posted the above reply after editing profile and now I can, once again, post replies.  If I close the browser and reconnect the same problem will occur until I edit my profile page and save it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:49 AM
  • The interesting thing is that the edits I have made are all one edit behind.  My profile says 'Consultant2' but I changed it to 'Consultant3' the last time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:29 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:50 AM
  • From one click to another there is no predicting where one will end up.

Mara - you need to warn people before attempting a complete meltdown.  We will all gladly help as long as we know you are trying to cause complete chaos.  Chaos is good. It keeps one alert.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:56 AM
  • Signing in issue is fixed now!

Thank you for your patience!

Forums Test Team

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Thank you

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:29 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Mara -

What is "<o:p></o:p>" at the end of each line you posted?

It shows up in the emails from this site when you post.  Others do not show that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Signing in issue is fixed now!

Thank you for your patience!

Forums Test Team

I have been having the issue for a week now.  See:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/f075e7c9-4542-44ae-8b36-b197965e742f.

I am skeptical about it being fixed.  But I will wait and see.

• Edited by Brian Borg Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:54 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:30 PM
  • Brian - I suggest the the issue in this thread is fixed and was transient do to an upgrade.  (See above).  YOu issue is similar but probably not related.

Have you cleared you cache and all cookies that are related to Livee-Id and these sites?.  Maybe you ended up with a stale cookie.

My issues cleared up within about 12 hours and haven't returned.  I also had live-id related issues which came and went with the faulty page displays and lack of access to my forum profile.  My Live-Id profile was fine and works on other sites.

I did clear my cache a coule of times

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:31 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:45 PM
  • I also had the same issue for 2 days in a row, but now it's fixed.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:30 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:47 PM