Bluetooth in Vista Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• I want bluetooth for my desktop, it says it's in my computer, but I know nothing about it.  All I know that when I try to send picture from my phone to my computer, it states no device found.  I need to know how to check if it is installed, or what am I doing wrong.  Not a genius when it comes to computers so please keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I also use Google Chrome if that makes any difference.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:38 PM

Answers

• Also, please see Set up a Bluetooth enabled device and Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices.

If it still does not work, you may contact with the manufacturer to see if there are any guides.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 23, 2011 2:27 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:32 AM
  • First of all, open the Computer Management console (Start -> Run..., type "compmgmt.msc" and hit ENTER), click on the "Device Manager", expand the Bluetooth node on the right to see if there's any device installed; if the Bluetooth devices list is empty or any device is marked with a symbol (like a yellow triangle with an exclemation mark), you have to download the Bluetooth drivers and software from the computer's manufacturer web site and install them to activate every Bluetooth device.
    After that you have to go to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Devices and Printers -> Bluetooth Devices ancd click the "Add a device" button to discover every bluetooth device near your PC and perform the pairing operations, so that the paired device will be able to communicate with your PC.
    Remember: right click the Bluetooth icon near the clock on the taskbar and choose "Open Settings"; then activate the "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and the "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" options.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:30 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:45 PM

All replies

• First of all, open the Computer Management console (Start -> Run..., type "compmgmt.msc" and hit ENTER), click on the "Device Manager", expand the Bluetooth node on the right to see if there's any device installed; if the Bluetooth devices list is empty or any device is marked with a symbol (like a yellow triangle with an exclemation mark), you have to download the Bluetooth drivers and software from the computer's manufacturer web site and install them to activate every Bluetooth device.
    After that you have to go to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Devices and Printers -> Bluetooth Devices ancd click the "Add a device" button to discover every bluetooth device near your PC and perform the pairing operations, so that the paired device will be able to communicate with your PC.
    Remember: right click the Bluetooth icon near the clock on the taskbar and choose "Open Settings"; then activate the "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and the "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" options.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:30 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:45 PM
  • Also, please see Set up a Bluetooth enabled device and Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices.

If it still does not work, you may contact with the manufacturer to see if there are any guides.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:32 AM