Sound stops & i need to restart every time RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Sony VGN CR14GN/B Laptop. I m using vista business & have recently installed the SP1. The sound used to stop whenever i awoke my laptop fro sleep mde or hibernation. A forum discussion suggsted to install the latest SP2 which was supposed to solve this problem. I did that, , but instead its worsened. Now the audio stops just like that... & it comes back only when i restart the machine... If i mute , then unmute, the sound is gone... i am working on battery, I plug it in, the sound goes.... wake from sleep mode sound goes.... i close one video or mp3 file & start another, sound goes, though this is not consistent... & EVERY TIME I HAVE TO RESTART THE MACHINE. ... is the SP2 a dud... ????

Plz help me with a solution to this problem.... Thanks in advance....

Friday, September 25, 2009 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi guys... if any one has the same problem... i have myself found a solution... I called the Sony Vaio Laptop Service Centre... Sony has on its website, posted a BIOS patch which fixes the problem of audio which occurs after installing SP1 &/or SP2....Click Support, Product Support, Downloads, enter the model details and search the list available software patches for the following patch - BIOS Upgrade Program Version R0230Q0.

If you have any other laptop... i would suggest search for similar patches on your company website support

• Marked as answer by Pinu Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:56 AM
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:56 AM