Linksys Router and MS Mouse problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Linksys BEFSR41 wired router that with Vista running will not register the other computer in my home network. The other PC is not running Vista. Will I have to install Vista on that second PC to be able to access the PC via my network places?

The second question is regarding my mouse. I have a Microsoft IntelliPoint Optical mouse, Wheel Mouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible, part number on the mouse is: X05-87477. The mouse when in Vista does not run properly. The power indicator light on the mouse does not turn on when in Vista, and my cursor skips quite often, and clicks are not always working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix these problems?

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:39 AM

All replies

• Ok, I wound up installing Vista on my second PC, and now the networking works correctly. However, I am still having the mouse glitchiness that I mentioned in the previous post, and the input from my keyboard seems rather herky jerky as well. (I didn't mention this with the first post because I was typing the post from my XP partition, as opposed to my Vista partition, not to mention the fact that I had not typed anything on my Vista partition at that time.)

Any recommendations for me?

Saturday, July 15, 2006 1:22 AM
  • So, judging by the lack of response with the mouse issue, I'm going to assume that, at least for now, I'm SOL in regards to getting the mouse to work properly. Or have I just missed the driver update on the MS website that actually allows the mouse to work properly?
    Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:15 AM
  • have I just missed the driver update on the MS website that actually allows the mouse to work properly?

This started happening to me especially in IE9 after I had switched to a wireless router from an Ethernet cable for my Internet connection. I had also previously used the slider to try to allow the wheel to give me more speed. So, when the problem symptoms started I first tried using the slider to slow it down. That wasn't completely successful, so then I noticed that Intellipoint has an option Identify programs that don't scroll correctly on the Wheel tab. I added iexplore.exe to that list and now wheel scrolling seems back to normal.

---

Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:46 PM