none
Bootstrap credential issue between Windows 7 & 8/10 RRS feed

• Question

• Just an odd issue I'd like to resolve, if it can be...

The Bootstrap file for Windows 7 Deploy contains the domain username, Domain and
    domain password. It goes right on through at the beginning of my Deployment just fine.

When I created a TS for Windows 8 (a separate one), I also added those credentials to the
    Bootstrap of that Deploy as well.

When I added Windows 10 to MDT I just added that to my existing DS under Win7.

Now when I kick off a deploy, it holds the password (********) and Domain but we have
    to type in the user name. Nothing on the AD side has changed. Just wondering is its extra
    security required of Win8 and 10 but I doubt it since MDT doesn't even know what DS you're
    going to choose at that point.
    Any ideas why the password holds but not the user name? I'm prompted for the name just as
    the whole process is about the begin, before I get the menu of my Task list.
    I upgraded to MDT2013U2 6.3.8330.1000 and ADK 10.1.10586.0 and I can see the creds in
    my Bootstrap.
    Thanks!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 6:20 PM

All replies

• To be clear, you have two deployment shares?

So you have to put in credentials to connect to the Deployment Share on all of your shares? Or just the one serving up Windows 8?

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 10:18 PM
  • I have 2 Shares. Each bootstrap has its own credentials stored (same ones). When booting to the one I use for UEFI (USB formatted that way), at the very beginning, the credentials box pops up asking for user (blank entry) but the password is there (shown as ********). The Domain is also populated. Its no big deal, just curious why it doesn't hold on Windows 8 or 10, but always filled in everything prior to going from Server 08 to 12 and upgrading MDT and ADK.

To answer you fully, Windows 7, 8 and 10 all ask for the user name, while it populates the domain and password. Prior to the upgrades, Windows 7 never asked for any and Win8 always asked for the user name. And now that 10 is added, with the upgrades, all 3 need the user name typed in.
    • Edited by the1rickster Wednesday, July 6, 2016 1:20 PM more info
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 1:16 PM