Vista Media Center - Browsing Movie Guide Crashes Media Center RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have this problem and know of a resolution?  Browsing movies in the movie guide causes media center to crash. I'm not getting any errors while browsing folders with movies in them or any other picture folder etc.  The movie guide comes up fine but when I use the arrow keys or the mouse to roll over a movie image media center crashes with the 'stopped working error'.   Here is what is logged:

Product
    Media Center

Problem
    Stopped working

Date
    8/21/2008 9:40 AM

Status
    Not Reported

Description
    Stopped working

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: ehshell.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386
    Problem Signature 03: 4549b55e
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 47577b16
    Problem Signature 07: f44
    Problem Signature 08: 7
    Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:47 PM

All replies

• FYI I was able to (somewhat) resolve this issue.  I was suspicious that my channel setup may have had something to do with this and I was right.  For experimentation purposes, I restored my channel defaults and went back to the Movie Guide and no crashing. 

I have an Avermedia tuner card and am using the Avermedia ClearQAM utility to locate QAM channels and import them into Vista Media Center as digital channels.  By labeling the channels prior to import in the ClearQAM utility with the proper channel identification, I am able to avoid the issue of the channel mappings being overwritten when the channel guide is updated at night.  Well, something about how I named some of the channels must have caused the movie guide to crash.  I'll probably start by only importing a minimal set of channels and see what happens. 

Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:58 PM