Remove "On behalf of" RRS feed

• Question

• <style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 5.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 14.0px Arial; color: #222222; -webkit-text-stroke: #222222} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 14.0px Arial; color: #222222; -webkit-text-stroke: #222222} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} </style>

Hello,

So this is my weird set up.

Gmail account (G) is used on behalf (POP3) of account A (main). So when I send <g class="gr_ gr_34 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="34" id="34">from</g> the <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="26" id="26">gmail</g> client others receive the email as if it were A, so far so good.

<g class="gr_ gr_27 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="27" id="27">Reason</g> is account A has 100 MB limit, so Gmail clears it every time it fetches some email, <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="25" id="25">any</g> sent email is kept in Gmail.

Now, I want to use Outlook 2016 as a client <g class="gr_ gr_36 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="36" id="36">in</g> my mac. I connected it to Gmail via SMTP, the problem is that I cannot get the emails to be shown to the recipient as A. Either it shows the <g class="gr_ gr_29 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="29" id="29">gmail</g> address or sent "on behalf of...".

Is it possible? If so, how?

• Edited by Damian12345 Monday, April 9, 2018 5:25 AM HTML format
    Monday, April 9, 2018 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Damian,

Before we continue, could you please clarify what you exactly mean by " Gmail account (G) is used on behalf (POP3) of account A (main)"?
    Do you mean you have two accounts, Gmail account(IMAP?) and account A(POP3), and you want the messages to be seemed like sent from account A?

If I understand correctly, I'd like to suggest adding both the two accounts in Outlook, and directly sending messages from account A, but using rules to move all you messages you sent or receive to folders under the Gmail account. 

Additionally, you may also take advantage of the AutoArchive feature in Outlook to automatically move old items for account A, so that you can keep the size of the mailbox under control, for more information about Auto Archive, you may refer to the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/archive-older-items-automatically-25f44f07-9b80-4107-841c-41dc38296667

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:20 AM
  • Hi Damian,

Just checked in to see if you have seen my previous reply. If the post above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer? Thanks for your understanding and support. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 3:31 AM