none
MS Project deadline RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have one question

I manage a big project , which is divided in to several streams and they have there individual MS project 2010 and once a week I consolidate it into one big MS project for me and for other parties. Is it possible some how to see the changes they make into there individual MS projects for deadlines and etc?

Many thanks

• Edited by Arsenal1886 Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:25 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you talk about deadlines, do you mean that you are using the deadline column? In case youndo, it cannot be baselined.

If you are simply tracking milestones, I'd suggest to use a baseline (it could be the same for each week which you overwrite each time). Doing this, you could vizualize the slippage between the current schedule and the baselined one using the format tab slippage buttons.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:37 AM
  • Thanks for your replay

I will try your suggestion 

Also , I want to use status indicator column but it  also shows tasks which are not started yet ( % ) and I cannot 

distinguish between overdue tasks and tasks which are not started in terms of work percentage. Is it possible to solve this problem?

• Edited by Arsenal1886 Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:56 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to this post I replied yesterday. The status indicator and statuts columns do distinguish overdue tasks and not started tasks. Tell us if it helps.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:10 PM
  • I have tried it but all tasks are overdue : tasks that are really overdue in terms of date and tasks  that  started for example yesterday end will finish in two weeks ( no work done yet , %)

A.Sulaberidze

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:19 PM
  • Indeed both tasks are overdue, thus the status column shows them as is.

What are your criteria in term of date, % complete.. to distinguish both type of tasks?

Give us more details and we could provide you a formula for a task custom field which might give you what you want.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:40 PM

• Thanks for your reply,

I would like to see just that  tasks which are overdue in terms of finish day with late indicator and not that tasks that are not started in terms of work complete.

Thanks

A.Sulaberidze

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Here is a blog that could help you out starting with formulas:

http://blog.advisicon.com/2008/10/21/creating-a-standard-indicator-based-on-the-baseline/

Hope this helps,

Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:00 AM
  • You need a bit of process here as well. Make sure all projects use the same baseline for teh same thing. EG Baseline1 for teh main baseline. If a baseline is reset for a project, copy Baseline1 to another baseline then reset Baseline1 so it always holds the current baseline.

I use baseline0 as a weekly tracker. I reset it every week before updating so I can see what changed each week. A brilliant process for tight time frame projects.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, October 31, 2014 11:03 PM