How to apply filter measure in PPS RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario -

I need to show all data for which one of the measure [ Cost ] falls between a specific range . - for example - FILTER ([].[].ALLMEMBERS , [COST]>20)

How can i acheive this using PPS

As far as i got - if i use a PPS GRID - we cannot do - we can do using a custom MDX. but then the gird looses all the navigation/ sorting all featires like that.

I cannot create a filter like that - because filters are only linked to a dimension

How do i procced?

Thanks
    Sen.
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you customize your MDX query in the PPS dashboard you will loose the property of drill down. You could do this by creating a calculated member at the cube level and try referencing it.

Regards,
    Ram
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:02 PM
  • Yeah, you will want to put logic for calculations and specific named sets in your SSAS database.  By doing so you will have a single point for maintaining this logic, the ability to reuse this functionality in other areas, and for other people to reference so hopefully everyone will be using the same logic.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Abhs Friday, June 19, 2009 5:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Abhs Friday, June 19, 2009 5:49 PM
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 11:46 AM
  • Many a features are there that are only calcuated based on the user input.

Example when u calculate the measure based on the date selected by the user. These are calculated based on the date the user selects.

How do u suggest me to take these things up in PPS.

Thanks
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Hi,

FILTER ([].[].ALLMEMBERS , [COST]>20), if you use this particular logic in cube and  add your measure in the PPS report and link it with the filter in PPS dashboard then it will automatically filter based on the user selects the month/quarter/year. If you could be more specific on what you want exactly then we could look out for some workaround.

Regards,
    Ram
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:23 AM
  • Not sure if you are using SSAS 2008, but if you are you could utilize dynamic sets to get this to work, otherwise in PPS you can use filter link formulas when you setup the links within the design of the dashboard.

Here are a couple fo really good postings to reference in regards to this:

SSAS 2008 Dynamic Sets in Analytic Reports

Dynamic Dimension members on a PerformancePoint KPI

Use the Formula Editor to specify how a filter works
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 12:49 PM