none
Resource Hours are spreading on next day RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have 8 hour/day calendar.  In Calendar I have exception on one day i.e 4 hour/day on say 10 June.

I have a 2-day activity. When I assign a resource on this activity I see strange hour allocation in Task Usage View. i.e:

Day 1: 8 hours (OK)

Day 2: 4 hours (OK - as we have 4day/hour exception on one day, in calendar)

Day 3: 4 hours ???   Here it seems that MS Project has assigned remaining 4 hours from previous day onto next day... but this is not right. I only wanted 4 hour on day 2 and that's it, no more 4 hour work. 

So how can I stop MS Project stop doing like this?

Thanks\

Hammad

Sunday, May 29, 2016 12:56 PM

All replies

• If you are saying that the task has duration = 2 days, then MSP will interpret this as 2 x 8 hours because that is the conversion factor for day to hours (1 day = 8 hours) in file, options, schedule.

MSP is giving you exactly what you ask for.

Any help?

Sunday, May 29, 2016 3:22 PM
  • As Trevor notes, you define how many hours are in a day in File > Options, Schedule.  The default is a day = 8 hours.  When you created a 2 day duration task, Project calculated the work based upon 2 days (16 hours) * 100% assignment units = 16 hours of work.  If you want the task to end after 12 hours - change the work to 12 hours and the duration will be 1.5 days.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:52 PM