none
Upgrade DPM 2007 to DPM 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• So there are lots of posts on upgrading 2010 to 2012.
    There are very few to none on upgrading 2007 to 2012.

We missed the boat on upgrading to 2010 on our old DPM server and we are wanting to upgrade straight to 2012 from 2007.

Is it possible? Microsoft licensing agents mentioned it was. But I'm not finding any solid documentation on how to perform this upgrade. Can anyone fill me in with any links / documents / articles they know of that explains this process exactly? Do I need to upgrade to 2010 first? I understand 2012 is part of SMS 2012 and that I will probably need the datacenter version of SMS because we previously had roughly 80 server agents registered / licensed for 2007. We need to keep our backup data in-tact going forward as it is critical that it is retained.

Microsoft has not been able to afford any advise on this topic or documentation at this point since they want us to employ their hourly consulting fee just to explain the process. I'm sure someone out there like this particular client I am working with missed the boat on upgrading to 2010 before going to 2012....

My concern is preserving the backup data and making sure it can be ported over to 2012!

Thanks in advance! I'll keep searching for additional information in the mean time....

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:33 PM

All replies