none
2007 Project Server - unable to save custom view RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a New custom view, added fields and changed header names, and when I save my file and re-open that view I just changed the view does not include the added columns and data. What does the Admin user need to change so that PM's can make custom views?

Thanks!!

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

• Views are based on tables, grouping, filters and formatting. It looks like you are building your new view on an existing table from the enterprise global. Because the enterprise global tables can not be modified without checking out the enterprise global (and this action is usually left only for administrators) your changes to that existing table are not saved.

Instead you should first create your own table and then use it as the base for your view. Then when you save the view and table they will remain as local views for you.

You can create the table by copying an existing table or building it from scratch.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:16 PM

All replies

• Views are based on tables, grouping, filters and formatting. It looks like you are building your new view on an existing table from the enterprise global. Because the enterprise global tables can not be modified without checking out the enterprise global (and this action is usually left only for administrators) your changes to that existing table are not saved.

Instead you should first create your own table and then use it as the base for your view. Then when you save the view and table they will remain as local views for you.

You can create the table by copying an existing table or building it from scratch.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Thanks Jack! That's exactly what I needed to hear :)
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:54 PM