Program unistall RRS feed

• Question

• need help to uninstall program mywebsearch

Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:38 PM

All replies

• i believe you want to uninstall mywebsearch toolbar. You can find it in add or remove programs,uninstall it from there.
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:41 AM
  • Sir, I Suggest you to Follow these steps and My Web Search Toolbar will be Removed.

Uninstall My Web Search Toolbar

• 1- Click on "Start" and choose "Control Panel."
    • 2- Click on "Add/Remove Programs" if you are a Windows XP user. Windows Vista and 7 users should click on "Programs and Features."
    • 3- Find the My Web Search toolbar in the list of programs that are installed on your computer. The toolbar may also be installed under the name    "My Search Bar," "My Web Search Bar," "Search Assistant" or "MyWay Speed Bar."
    • 4- Click on the toolbar name once to highlight it in the list, then click the "Remove" button to uninstall the program.
    • 5- Reboot your computer to allow changes to take effect.

Remove Remaining Processes

• 1- Download and install the free HijackThis utility.
    • 2- Launch the HijackThis utility and click the "Do a system scan only" button.
    • 3- Allow the utility to scan your computer and look for any of the following entries:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL

O2 - BHO: MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL

O2 - BHO: mwsBar BHO - {07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: My &Web Search - {07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZWYYYYYYYYUS

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei/MyWebSearchInitialSetup1.0.0.8-2.cab

• 4- Place a mark next to each entry that you find and click the "Fix Checked" button to allow the tool to remove them.

Remove Remaining Files

• 1- Click on the "Start" button and choose "Computer" from the Start menu.
    • 2- Double-click your main hard drive. This will usually be the "C" drive.
    • 3- Double-click the "Program Files" folder.
    • 4- Locate the folders named "FunWebProducts" or "MyWebSearch."
    • 5- Right-click on the folders and choose "Delete" from the menu to remove them.

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:35 AM
  • i suggest you to disconnect the comp from internet and uninstall...
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:42 AM