Missed messages from Inbox RRS feed

• Question

• In my Outlook 2013 missed some important messages yesterday at 4 p.m. I tried to reinstall MS Outlook, it didn't give an effect. The program opens without any problems, but I can't see my valuable messages. Someone, suggest how experienced users solve such cases. I'm not a guru in work with email clients.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Griffedith,

First thing you should check is if you can see the emails in the webmail first. If they aren't there then they won't be in the Outlook client as well.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 27, 2018 6:31 AM
  • Hi Griffedith,

Please try to search with some keywords in the mailbox using the instant search box to see if the missing messages are accidentally moved to other folders. It is also suggested to have a look at the deleted items folder to see the result.

If the mails are still not available, agree with Simon that you should check in the webmail.

By the way, may I know how you found you have missed the messages?

Any updates will be appreciated.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 27, 2018 7:51 AM

• In my Outlook 2013 missed some important messages yesterday at 4 p.m. I tried to reinstall MS Outlook, it didn't give an effect. The program opens without any problems, but I can't see my valuable messages. Someone, suggest how experienced users solve such cases. I'm not a guru in work with email clients.

If you can't open your Personal Folders file (.pst) or your Offline Folder file (.ost), or you suspect that your .pst or .ost data file is corrupted, you can use the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. The Inbox Repair tool scans only the .pst or .ost file, not your mailbox on the server running Microsoft Exchange. The tool determines whether the file structure is intact. If it is not intact, the Inbox Repair tool resets your file structure and rebuilds the headers.

The Inbox Repair tool works on both the Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File 

(.pst) and the Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) data files in Microsoft Office 

Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.

Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at: drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.

As an additional wiki data I would suggest you following articles, tips, guides, solutions…

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Recover-deleted-items-in-Outlook-for-Windows-49e81f3c-c8f4-4426-a0b9-c0fd751d48ce

https://www.outlookrepairtoolbox.com/

Saturday, April 28, 2018 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

As suggested above please check messages are available on Webmail or not. Or use the ScanPST.exe to scan your .pst or ost file and then check for the messages.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:53 AM