Blue Screen Death Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal RRS feed

• Question

• I need help trying to figure out what's happening, I just reformatted my computer for a fresh install, far as I know I have the current drivers.  I had something like this before, which was my ARES Video being bad and taking a shit when it got to around 55 C.  Seems to be happening like before with vid card being bad but wasn't doing until I reformatted.  Not sure if a driver for the like the PCI slot or Vid Card or something else.  I just installed a new SSD little before had which was working fine. 

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date:          3/5/2013 1:28:57 PM
    Event ID:      41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level:         Critical
    Keywords:      (2)
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      TokkiesBeast
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
        <EventID>41</EventID>
        <Version>2</Version>
        <Level>1</Level>
        <Task>63</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-05T21:28:57.332811900Z" />
        <EventRecordID>38736</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>TokkiesBeast</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="BugcheckCode">209</Data>
        <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x14</Data>
        <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x2</Data>
        <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
        <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffff880018634ad</Data>
        <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
        <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Each time its happened apparently all the information is the same exception of the BugCheckParameter4 with most of the error exception of one is 0xfffff8800 maybe 2

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:43 AM

Answers

• It may help to look at the minidump files from the crashes with a debugger.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, March 15, 2013 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:06 PM

All replies

• It may help to look at the minidump files from the crashes with a debugger.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, March 15, 2013 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:06 PM
  • Parameter 4 is just the memory addressed.  Without the dmp file it will be difficult to impossible to troubleshoot this.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” How to ask a question that is fixable.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:53 PM
  • CT

Event ID 41 Source 63 is simply the previous shutdown was unexpected.  As Auggy correctly says we need the DMP files or event viewer log.

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file here (if you can) to skydrive or a file sharing service

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:36 PM