Problems connecting to Error Reporting Service RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting blue screen errors on a brand new laptop followed by crash dumps.

When I reboot the laptop (running Windows 7 Professional) and open Action Center it says it detects problems and asks if I would like to look for a solution - naturally yes!  But then I get this constant failure to connect to the Windows Errors Reporting Service which suggests that I try again later (I have been trying for a week unsuccessfully).

Friday, July 18, 2014 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding to "failure to connect to the Windows Errors Reporting Service", please run "services.msc", this will launch all services, scroll down to find Windows Errors Reporting Service, set it to Started\Manual, reboot your PC if needed. 

For BSOD, Could you please upload the crash dump file to a public location, such as OneDrive for further analysis? Default location C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (or minidump)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/onedrive/share-file-folder

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, July 25, 2014 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I guess you are talking about Windows Error Reporting?

This is a Forum for SQL Server Reporting Servcies; you should post your question to a Windows related forum to get a good answer.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, July 18, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding to "failure to connect to the Windows Errors Reporting Service", please run "services.msc", this will launch all services, scroll down to find Windows Errors Reporting Service, set it to Started\Manual, reboot your PC if needed. 

For BSOD, Could you please upload the crash dump file to a public location, such as OneDrive for further analysis? Default location C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (or minidump)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/onedrive/share-file-folder

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, July 25, 2014 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:37 AM