Webcams will using Media Player will not work in my Windows XP SP3 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello all,

I  am experiencing a problem with Media Player 11 in that a Live Feed Webcam will no longer work on my computer.  I have always been able to view this site without any issues up until recently.  The Webcam is the "Confederation Bridge" camera in Prince Edward Island, Canada at the following site:   http://www.confederationbridge.com/en/webcam.php.  I have always been able to view this live feed, and I have checked my Device Manager and everything seems in order. I have tried the Microsoft Fix It Center, to no avail, and even on the advice of Microsoft, purchased "Driver Tool" and installed it and scanned my system but still, Media Player is not working properley. I've already spent $40.00 trying to update my system on the advice of Driver Tool, I had 11 Drivers outdated and have not since been updated.  After all this was done, it still did not fix my problem :-(   My system is Windows XP SP3 and I am using IE 8, Media Player 11, can someone please assist me with this issue??

Thanks!

Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:15 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately there are too many variables and possibilities to pinpoint the problem without actually looking at your computer.  I went to the link you give above and I have no problem watching the vehicles drive across the bridge.

Have you tried view any other wbecams on line?

There could be a problem with your internet connection.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Edited by Rick Dee Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:32 PM
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:32 PM