Script or Executable Failed to run - SQL 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running SCOM 2007 R2, SQL Server 2005 Management Pack 6.0.6569.0.

I get this alert occasionally, and I do not know what to do about it:

Data was found in the output, but has been dropped because the Event Policy for the process started at 08:49:36 has detected errors.   The 'ExitCode' policy expression:
     [^0]+
     matched the following output:

Command executed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2005BlockingSPIDs.vbs" gbvfftsy-006 1 MSSQLSERVER gbvfftsy-006.ASP.FFastServe.com
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 10\1321\

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: Microsoft.SQLServer.2005.DBEngine.BlockedSPIDsMonitor
    Instance name: MSSQLSERVER
    Instance ID: {8154623C-B558-75CA-7C80-6156229D40A3}
    Management group: OpsMgrOAT

Friday, September 18, 2009 6:32 PM

Answers

• What this means is that the script returned an unexpected output.  if this happens only occasionally, it's probably not worth fussing over.  If it happens regularly, I'd start by logging onto the agent managed host where the task is being run and run the script (see the command line in the error message ....

The script should produce no output if it is successful.  The output returned the number 128 - which is an error # extracted from the output.

The number may not mean anything in particular - so check the actual output.  This could be as simple (fails every time case) of a run-as account credential not having access to the database. 

Also, if you are running an old script host that needs updating (as Gordon mentioned) you may want to update that on all of your systems because this can cause hard to repro issues.

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

• I had something similar with a customer and updating the version of Windows Scripting Host to the latest and greatest on the server fixed it.

G
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:32 PM
  • What this means is that the script returned an unexpected output.  if this happens only occasionally, it's probably not worth fussing over.  If it happens regularly, I'd start by logging onto the agent managed host where the task is being run and run the script (see the command line in the error message ....

The script should produce no output if it is successful.  The output returned the number 128 - which is an error # extracted from the output.

The number may not mean anything in particular - so check the actual output.  This could be as simple (fails every time case) of a run-as account credential not having access to the database. 

Also, if you are running an old script host that needs updating (as Gordon mentioned) you may want to update that on all of your systems because this can cause hard to repro issues.

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:44 PM