Unable to Clear The Previous Search result in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

There is a issue we are facing in Outlook 2016. When I search something in Outlook 2016 it does not clear the previous search result automatically when I go to another folder in Outlook 2016.

Same is working fine with Outlook 2013 & Outlook 2010.

Friday, September 22, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Anurag,

You mean the search result, not the search keyword history, correct?

When you switch to a different folder, are you able to select any items from the previous result list?

First, try to launch Outlook in safe mode, then test again:

Press Win + R and type "outlook.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

This will help to determine whether the issue was caused by any third party add-ins. If issue persists, I'd suggest we test with a new Outlook profile:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-Outlook-profile-f544c1ba-3352-4b3b-be0b-8d42a540459d

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi Ethan,

Thanks For the Reply

The problem is lets say I search From:Axel in Inbox folder then I go to ABC folder & go to search From the From:Axel is still shows up that should not be the case this entry should have been automatically cleared when going from one Folder to other folder.

We tried the same with opening the Outlook in safe mode & tried with new outlook profile also but still the problem resides in Outlook 2016.

Monday, September 25, 2017 2:49 PM
  • The problem is lets say I search From:Axel in Inbox folder then I go to ABC folder & go to search From the From:Axel is still shows up that should not be the case this entry should have been automatically cleared when going from one Folder to other folder.

I see. Thanks for the update.

This is a known issue that we are investigating. Current work around is to search directly from the search bar using the queries (Eg: From: Alias or sub: meeting etc).

Actually, we are in the process of changing and removing some related search experiences which show little usage, and cannot be updated to take advantage of the new benefits we are building into our core search workflow. We've listened to your feedback around which features are working well and which feel broken.

Feel free to add your comments here:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:48 AM
  • HI team,

Greetings!!!

May I know when the application team(approximate time frame) can able to release the fix since so many users are affected by this issue.

Thanks & best regards,

Ajay G

AJ

Monday, October 2, 2017 8:08 AM