none
Powershell Script to show Tapes Due Online and Overdue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Tape Management Reporting is not working properly in my newly upgraded DPM 2012 RTM (Upgraded from DPM 2010)

The Tape Library shows 14 tapes offline ready but reporting shows only 2. Also Reporting shows no tapes due online.

I can run a Powershell Script that I found via Google which shows 14 tapes Offline Ready and that confirms the Tape Lirary is correct.

I was wondering is anyone could tell me how to run a Powershell Script to show the tapes due online or tapes overdue.

Regards

Willie

Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue is fixed in DPM 2012 UR3

Update Rollup 3 for System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 (KB2751230)

Issue 1

After you upgrade System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 to System Center Data Protection Manager 2012, the tape management report does not display overdue tapes.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:09 PM
  • Thanks Mike. Not sure what is going on. Updated last night.  Via the GUI Library Tapes due to be removed 14 and when I run the Tape Management Report it still shows 2.

Also, still nothing in the Tapes Due Online or Overdue tapes. Going to try upgrading to SP1 to see if that helps.

Ideally though I would really like a Powershell Script to show me Overdue Tapes and Tapes due Online but my Powershell Scripting is poor.

I downloaded a script to show the Tapes Due to be Removed and that works well. It showed me that 14 tapes were due to be taken Offline and confirmed what was seen in the GUI Library.

Cheers

Willie

Friday, August 22, 2014 8:11 AM