BOOT MNGR IS MISSING.. PRESS ALT.+ DEL TO RESTART..... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys...

I have this Computer from HCL company in which XP OS was installed in the beginning and later I upgraded it to Vista and finally I installed Windows 7 Ultimate....

Now, the problem is I don't like Windows 7 Ultimate's performance as compare to my PC for which Windows XP is the best.

So, I have been trying to reinstall Windows XP Professional in my system but it doesn't alow me or give me any options of doing it. I can reinstall Windows Vista or Windows 7 without any problem but I when I try to Reinstall Windows XP by inserting the XP CD, it says "BOOT MNGR IS MISSING.. PRESS ALT.+ DEL TO RESTART.....".

Hence, I am unable to Reinstall Windows XP at all in my system..... Can anyone tell me what the problem is... And how can it be Resolved....? Your sincere help would be appreciated.....!

Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try to set CD as the first bootable device from BIOS and check the result.

For how to boot into BIOS, it is suggested to contact your computer manufacture for more information. Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 23, 2010 9:42 AM