none
Folder names not searchable in a document library with many items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My doc library has many items - many thousands - the 5000 item limit was increased at the web app level before adding the files and folders.

If i search by folder name i get no results.

The title field has been set to be indexed.

A new full crawl has been run after this - still no results.

Seriously what the hell do i have to do so FOLDER NAMES - the most basic item in a document library - can be used in a search??

Yet again SharePoint manages to make the most basic use cases overly complex to achieve.

Monday, July 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Answers

• Hi xyz2012,

Whether you can get the result when search the folder name in crawl log via CA->search service application->Crawl log->URL view.

If so, whether you cannot get the result when you search in the document library search box? Try to use site search box or search center to check again.

Try to use “title: folder name” as query text to check if you can get the search result.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:04 AM

All replies

• Just so I am clear on this.... You're searching in the document library search box, and not the search centre?

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

Monday, July 22, 2019 12:08 PM
  • Hi xyz2012,

Whether you can get the result when search the folder name in crawl log via CA->search service application->Crawl log->URL view.

If so, whether you cannot get the result when you search in the document library search box? Try to use site search box or search center to check again.

Try to use “title: folder name” as query text to check if you can get the search result.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:04 AM
  • yes...
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:34 AM
  • Hi xyz2012,

Is the post helps you?

If your issue still exists, please provide more information.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:19 AM