none
Windows Steady State Improperly Installed..Repair or Remove and Reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Win XP SP3. I attempted to install Windows Steady State. When I go to open it I get the error that it was improperly installed and that it needs to be repaired or reinstalled. The program is not listed in the control panel remove programs list. I cannot open the program to disable it and it appears to be running in some manner as it is deneying me access to other programs. Has anyone found a way  to disable the program or remove it without going through the contol panel.  I am a novus user so if anyone has a remedy I need layman terms. I have noticed that many others have had the same problem but I don't see where it was remedied.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:01 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Bill840, this issue can be caused by corrupted Windows SteadyState components. You can refer to the following threads on how to completely uninstall SteadyState and then try to reinstall it:

Unable to uninstall Steady State

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2122443&SiteID=17

Windows Steady State 2.5 uninstall (New)

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2594927&SiteID=17

Want to UNINSTALL Windows Steadystate

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1850960&SiteID=17

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, March 9, 2009 6:44 AM
  • I don't think it is a corrupted Windows Steady State Component. If it were, not all of us would be having this problem. I  think it is a new feature and most haven't complained yet. No, it can't be uninstalled by that feature. The problems I have encountered and this is what I have figured out and how to live with the problem until Microsoft can get us an uninstall feature.  The problems I have encountered is not saving any information I due during a log on session, even saving word documents. What I have figured out is that when you turn off your computer it will ask you if you want to save your information. If you click on yes before your computer shuts down it will be saved. If you don't click on yes or no, it will automatically not save. So you must wait until that point and hit save. If the computer shuts off by itself nothing you did will be saved. You may save some downloads from the internet but it will not save any word documents from the internet or on windows. I use Firefox. These are only my problems and ways I found to correct. You may or may not be able to fix your issues the same way I have. Also, I have tried just deleting it from my programs and it will not delete. It shows I don't have permission and won't give me the option to run as administrator. I have windows Vista.  I have another hard drive for my laptop and when i get the time, I am formatting it with windows xp and not installing steady state. Once they have fixed this problem I may go back to my vista. Its a good program. I havent had any crashes but the downer is it CAN'T BE UNINSTALLED.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:59 AM