Project Server 2010 Custom Field Formula RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a formula for a custom field in Project Server 2010.  The formula should run like this:  When a project date runs beyond the Actual Finish date the color indicator should turn red.  If the date is less than 10-days or equal to the Actual Finish date the color to orange. If the date is less than 11-days than the Actual Finish date the color is green.  

Any help in setting this help would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:19 PM

All replies

• Callawar, you will need to experiment with this. I'm not sure I understand the value of comparing the project date with the actual finish date. By definition, the project(ed) date is equal to the Actual finish date when a task is completed.

That said, the general format for calculating a difference of two dates is with a formula like this:
                DateDiff("d",[Baseline1 Finish],[Finish])*480

Use a Duration custom field such as Duration1.  Note the *480 which converts the result to days for display.

As an alternative you could use the function ProjDateDiff which allows you to specify the project calendar so that the difference.

Specify the indicators in the custom field dialog box to get the colours you want. The tests are applied in the order you list them until a match is found.

Graham 

• Proposed as answer by Kashif Nizam Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:40 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:49 PM