Outlook 2016 crash on the first time whenever user tries to save RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user Outlook 2016. Whenever he try to save an email on the desktop, it will crashed. However, the subsequent time, this will not happen again, until the next day when he try again, it will crash on the first try to save the email.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Version: Office 2016 (16.0.7301.7050) 32 bits

OS Model: Windows 10 Build 1607 version: 14393.693

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding event 10016 displayed in the first screenshot, try the method mentioned by <MacInOhio> in the following thread and see if it works:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-event-id-10016-distributedcom/130522d2-beac-4495-980a-65e1e3279901

If issue persists after the fix, then try to start Outlook in safe mode and see if it works, this will help us to determine whether the issue is caused by any installed third party add-ins:

Press Win + R and type "outlook.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I think the link you has provided me might ot be the issue which my user is experiencing. For him rather, it is when he try to save a file and outlook crashes.

Please advise.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:53 AM
  • Hi, 

have you ever found out the root cause of this issue? We have the same issue. (Application Crash when saving for the first time, with the same error message in eventlog as you linked) After that, the application can save just fine for a while.
    We installed the latest Updates on Windows and Office but this doesn't help.

Monday, June 26, 2017 7:28 AM