locked
<missing-dn - has the object been imported?

    Question

  • Does <missing-dn> mean that ILM was able to bring the object into the Connector Space but not do anything with it?

     

    I've got the UNID of an object with a <missing-dn> but I'm not sure what to do with it to find the object so that I can see what's happened.

     

    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:09 PM

Answers

  • I think Fullname is the anchor for Notes but I don't have one in front of me.  Notes record integrity isn't what you'd expect for a directory so I've had several issues where connecting to a "supposedly healthy" Notes environment prompts tons of data cleanup due to corrupted records (missing DN's) or long standing replication issues.

     

    Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:11 PM
  • Scott Eastin actually answered my last question in this thread. He said:

    "UNID=Universal ID in Notes which the 32 character unique id for a given Notes document in a database.  You can find the document in question with the Notes method GetDocumentByUNID.  Your Notes Admin/Developer may be able to help out."

     

    And this was my reply:

     

    "Sorted.  Wouldn't have done it without you, Scott.  Thanks.

     

    I had assumed that it was the Notes UniversalID and had written a bit of code to check but to no avail.  I tried every one of the rejected IDs (which would've been so much easier if you could copy the string from the dialog box - why, oh why, oh why, etc.) and they weren't found.  You telling me it was the UniversalID made me look at it again.  So, then I pasted them into Notepad and played around with them alongside ones that worked and I noticed similar strings in different places.  Anyway, I guess it's about high-order bytes and low-order bytes or something because shuffling the 'bytes' around works which I did with this code:

     

    StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(8, 8));

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(0, 8));

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(24, 8));

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(16, 8));

    string searchUNID = sb.ToString();

     

    and then using GetDocumentByUNID(searchUNID).  Hurrah!"

     

    Thank you all for your help.

     

    Using this, I've been able to confirm that Brad was right when he said it was FullName in that I took one of the users I found, added a FullName and ran a Full Import and that user disappeared from the list.

    Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:12 PM

All replies

  • Could you please provide some details on your setup, the MA and the target data source?

    Is it Lotus Notes? (version?)

     

     

    Kind regards,
    Peter

    Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:52 AM
  • I believe this is saying that the object it imported has a null in whichever column you flagged as the Anchor.

     

    Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Ah.  I can't remember how we set the Anchor or what it is.  I've had a look at setting up a new Notes MA and it doesn't ask for one.  Is it defined in the MA.  I haven't done much with the MAs since we set them all up six months ago so some of the setup stuff is a bit vague.

     

    For info, I'm running MIIS 2003 v3.2.559.0 (Service Pack 2) and Notes 7.0.2.

    Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:57 PM
  • I think Fullname is the anchor for Notes but I don't have one in front of me.  Notes record integrity isn't what you'd expect for a directory so I've had several issues where connecting to a "supposedly healthy" Notes environment prompts tons of data cleanup due to corrupted records (missing DN's) or long standing replication issues.

     

    Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:11 PM
  • "Notes record integrity isn't what you'd expect for a directory" - I believe that's the understatement of the year!

     

    We've had to drop in an automated conflict document detector that mails the helpdesk - apparently, there's no easy way to report on them!

     

    Do you know what the UNID in the error message relates to - is it an internal ILM thing?

    Sunday, February 03, 2008 6:52 AM
  • Scott Eastin actually answered my last question in this thread. He said:

    "UNID=Universal ID in Notes which the 32 character unique id for a given Notes document in a database.  You can find the document in question with the Notes method GetDocumentByUNID.  Your Notes Admin/Developer may be able to help out."

     

    And this was my reply:

     

    "Sorted.  Wouldn't have done it without you, Scott.  Thanks.

     

    I had assumed that it was the Notes UniversalID and had written a bit of code to check but to no avail.  I tried every one of the rejected IDs (which would've been so much easier if you could copy the string from the dialog box - why, oh why, oh why, etc.) and they weren't found.  You telling me it was the UniversalID made me look at it again.  So, then I pasted them into Notepad and played around with them alongside ones that worked and I noticed similar strings in different places.  Anyway, I guess it's about high-order bytes and low-order bytes or something because shuffling the 'bytes' around works which I did with this code:

     

    StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(8, 8));

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(0, 8));

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(24, 8));

    sb.Append(unid.Substring(16, 8));

    string searchUNID = sb.ToString();

     

    and then using GetDocumentByUNID(searchUNID).  Hurrah!"

     

    Thank you all for your help.

     

    Using this, I've been able to confirm that Brad was right when he said it was FullName in that I took one of the users I found, added a FullName and ran a Full Import and that user disappeared from the list.

    Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:12 PM