Receive Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys how are you?

I am migrating Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016, all works fine, now only misunderstand and settings left me is the receive connects, Microsoft freak us up with new receive connectors on exchange 2016.

Two Exchange 2016 and Two Exchange 2010.

Anyhow, while I am trying to create new FAX connector I am getting the following error:

Exchange 2016 The values that you specified for the binding and remoteIPTamnagers,conflict with the settings on "Receive Connector" "Ex1601\Default frontend Ex1601". Receive connectors assigned to different Transport roles on a single server must listen on uniqe Local IP address & port bindings.

Ok so as we can understand that there is conflict and this is the reason that I can't create FAX connector because that on "Ex1601\Default frontend Ex1601" connector something is already exits.

I can delete the "Ex1601\Default frontend Ex1601" connector and then create the FAX connector, but from my past experience, when I deleted some default connectors on exchange 2016 email services won't work correctly, i still have old two Exchange 2010 servers which are still working.

on Ex1601\Default frontend Ex1601 this is the default settings:

Use there local IP addresses to receive mail:

All available IP 25 IPV4 & IPV6

0.0.0.0 fff.fff.fff.fff.ff.fff.fff (Default).

what should I do guys in order to create FAX connector? delete the Ex1601\Default frontend Ex1601 connector and then for each server that want use my Exchange server I'll need create new connector?

Monday, August 27, 2018 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hello , 

Do not delete the default receive connectors which is created after exchange installation .If you want to have the new connector to relay the emails from your fax device then you can create the new receive receive connector by selecting the role as frontendtransport

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Monday, August 27, 2018 1:45 PM
  • Hello , 

Do not delete the default receive connectors which is created after exchange installation .If you want to have the new connector to relay the emails from your fax device then you can create the new receive receive connector by selecting the role as frontendtransport

What are the differences between frontendtransport to hub transport?
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:00 AM
  • hello , 

please check the below mentioned link .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mail-flow/new-receiveconnector?view=exchange-ps

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:20 AM
  • Hello , 

What are the differences between frontendtransport to hub transport?

The primary function of Receive connectors in the Front End Transport service is to accept anonymous and authenticated SMTP connections into your Exchange organization. The TransportRole property value for these connectors is FrontendTransport. The Front End Transport service relays or proxies these connections to the Transport service for categorization and routing to the final destination.

The primary function of Receive connectors in the Transport service is to accept authenticated and encrypted SMTP connections from other transport services on the local Mailbox server or remote Mailbox servers in your organization. The TransportRole property value on theses connectors is HubTransport. Clients don't directly connect to these connectors.

Receive connectors

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:07 PM
  • hello , 

please check the below mentioned link .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mail-flow/new-receiveconnector?view=exchange-ps

Also refer to this step-by-step article: Allow anonymous relay on Exchange servers.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:11 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:49 PM