LAPS 6.2.0 and Windows 10 1703 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, We are using LAPS 6.2.0 without problems in Windows 7. We have begun with Win10 1703, install the agent but the local admin password is not changed, I put the debug log in the registry but I dont see anything in Application Log. Any idea??

Thanks.

Monday, April 16, 2018 6:41 PM

All replies

• Passwords are stored in Active Directory (AD) and protected by ACL, so only eligible users can read it or request its reset.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:06 AM
  • I'm sorry, I explained wrong. LAPS does not change the local admin password in my Win10. I see the password in AD but is not changed.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Hi Alberto,

What's meaning?  You cannot change the Windows 10 local administrator account password on AD side, right?

Please follow this guide to check your configuration:

Step by Step Deploy Microsoft Local Administrator Password Solution

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Step-by-Step-Deploy-Local-7c9ef772#content

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:58 AM
  • The problem was with WIndows 10 templates in AD. I copied PolicyDefinitions folder to SYSVOL\sysvol\MyDomain\Policies and LAPS GPO was missing. PolicyDefinitions are the admx for Win10. I delete the PolicyDefinitions folder and the LAPS GPO works.
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:03 PM
  • Please read the guide I provided.

Firstly copy the Windows 10 ADMX. Afterwards, import the LAPS module to see the result.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 20, 2018 7:40 AM