Windows XP offline RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Windows XP and when I installed, it said I had 30 days to activate it.

That was only a couple of days ago, so I should still have 28 days left to make up my mind what to do. But apparently not so.

The computer is not connected to the internet. When I say yes let's activate, it says something like you are not connected, phone some number. Aside from the fact that I'm not in America, I don't have a phone anyway. Yes, I know, unbelievable, but true. Not everyone in the world is connected.

So, I decided to uninstall XP and seek some alternative operating system that I could use without the need for an internet connection or phone. Well don't you just know it... it won't let me uninstall your operating system.

I'm in a loop. The only options I have are activate via the internet or turn off the computer. I put the Windows XP CD into the CD ROM drive hoping that it would override the already installed software, but no, it has no affect at all.

In essence, by installing Windows XP onto my computer, it has effectively stolen my computer.

Your advice would be most welcome.

Saturday, June 4, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• 1st:  If you are not connected to the internet, how are you posting in an internet forum?

2nd:  You will have to find a way to connect you computer to the internet or call to activate.  There are no other options!

3rd:  If you want to get rid of Windows XP all you have to do if format the hard drive.  A utility on a bootable floppy disk is all you need.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 7:22 PM