Address Books RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a test server with Exchange 2010 SP2.  How do I separate my distribution lists and users in the GAL?  I would like two separate lists.

How would you separate out multiple companies if you chose to do so at a user and distribution list level?

Thank You, Scott
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

• You may proceed in this way:

New-AddressList -Name "AddresslistName" -RecipientFilter { ((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -or (RecipientType -eq 'MailContact') -or (RecipientType -eq 'Contact')) -and (Description -eq 'Text in Discription field') } I have heilighted a portion here. If there is a common property for the DLs like this, you may substitute here and can create the separate list

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info  | www.blog.windowsadmin.info
    • Edited by ManU PhiliP Friday, December 30, 2011 3:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, January 2, 2012 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:24 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:13 PM

All replies

• You may creates the address list MyAddressList by using the RecipientFilter parameter

This example creates the address list MyAddressList by using the RecipientFilter parameter and includes recipients that are mailbox users and have StateOrProvince set to Washington or Oregon:

New-AddressList -Name MyAddressList -RecipientFilter {((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -and ((StateOrProvince -eq 'Washington') -or (StateOrProvince -eq 'Oregon')))}

• Edited by ManU PhiliP Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:47 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Does this cover address distribution lists?

Can this be done with GUI or am I stuck with command prompt?

Thank You, Scott
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:37 PM
  • I'm only looking to split the distribution groups up from the names.  How is that done?
    Thank You, Scott
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:10 PM
  • You may proceed in this way:

New-AddressList -Name "AddresslistName" -RecipientFilter { ((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -or (RecipientType -eq 'MailContact') -or (RecipientType -eq 'Contact')) -and (Description -eq 'Text in Discription field') } I have heilighted a portion here. If there is a common property for the DLs like this, you may substitute here and can create the separate list

• Edited by ManU PhiliP Friday, December 30, 2011 3:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, January 2, 2012 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:24 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Thanks

Sophia Xu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 2, 2012 2:12 AM
  • This does not look like what I want to do...  I think I am just going to leave it as people are use too...
    Thank You, Scott
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:17 PM