Sound starts normally, then disappears. RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago after most recent updates, my sound vanishes after the PC has been running for awhile.

Testing shows normal, although no sound comes out.  When I test speakers when PC is first turned on, it is fine.

Later it also shows a normal test, but there is no sound.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I just make a supplement, you can also check Device Manager if there is any problem with Sound Card driver.

This problem can be caused by device driver upgrade with Windows update. Please check Windows update history if there is any device update recently.

In the end, if problem persists, try to reinstall sound card driver and Graphic card driver for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:27 AM

All replies

• you still able to hear windows login sound even after you restart your PC?

run this basic TS regarding no sound

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tips-fixing-common-sound-problems#tips-fixing-common-sound-problems=windows-7

I suggest you test with different speaker or headset

Some cases if you have AVG, AVG will detect audio service as malware, I suggest you check at quarantine files and restore it

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

I just make a supplement, you can also check Device Manager if there is any problem with Sound Card driver.

This problem can be caused by device driver upgrade with Windows update. Please check Windows update history if there is any device update recently.

In the end, if problem persists, try to reinstall sound card driver and Graphic card driver for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:27 AM