6to4 adapter, PS3, modem HELP!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Ok well it all started about a month and a half ago, my family got a new computer.  Our 2 friends set it up for us.  When they set up the modem on the new computer they just plugged it in (using both ethernet and usb)  and neglected to install any software.

One day i decided to re-set up my ps3 on the modem ( it worked on the other computer that had everything installed by the cable company)  I tried using ethernet for ps3 and usb for comp,  didnt work.  I tried connecting my router , everything was perfectly connected, didnt work.

I have recently found out that the 6to4 adapter has some sort of problem , saying that Windows cannot find the correct drivers
    (Code 31)

Does the adapter have anything to do with me not being able to use my ps3 online?

Also neither my usb or ethernet ports on the modem are faulty because i have used both of them for my internet and computer.

If you can supply me with any help i would be VERY happy.

I almost forgot,  i have tried myself to install the software from the modems CD,  when i open the folder for my modem there  is no simple .exe that i can click there are many text documents and other things, that i can go into more detail if needed.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding the 6to4 and code 31 issues, you can refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article below:

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520/en-us

You can safely ignore this error message. This error message does not indicate a problem with the adapter.

Regarding the PS3 on modem issue, please understand that this is a Windows Vista forum and focus on the Windows Vista issue, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot PlayStation 3 issue. I recommend you contact PlayStation support, in this way, the issue will be resolved efficiently. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience:

PlayStation.com - Support - PLAYSTATION®3-

http://www.us.playstation.com/support/ps3

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 11:22 AM