none
All Owner Approval RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to require that ALL OWNERS approve membership change on a group.  Is that possible (without a custom WF Activity)?

If I set the approval threshold above the number of owners on a group, the approval process never completes (because it never reaches the threshold).

I would like to facilitate this with 1 workflow applying to all groups (each with a different, & potentially changing number of owners).  I realize that I could create a WF, Set, & MPR dedicated to each number of possible owners.  Seems like a lot of overhead.

Your thoughts and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ryan

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:41 PM

All replies

• Ryan-

I don't think you can do this without some custom glue. You'd need an activity to count the owners on the group at a minimum. Not sure if the approval activity will take the approver count from the WF Dictionary or if you'll need to manipulate it programmatically.

Thanks, Brian

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:33 PM
  • Brian,

That is the same conclusion that I have come to.  It is not possible to pass a value from the WF Dictionary to the number of approvers required value in the approval workflow activity.

I have also tried manipulating the Approval Threshold value on the Approval object after it has been created.  Even once that manipulated threshold is reached, it is not approved, but just hangs there.  So there must be another piece that I'm missing in that process.

Thanks for responding!
    -Ryan

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:38 PM