Going back to Beta 2 from RC1 how? RRS feed

• Question

• So I have had HUGE problems with RC1....BSD using video drivers, my second SATA hard drive just disappears at random while using RC1, MCE has horrible pauses, etc., etc.  So now when I format the partition that Vista is on and try to install Beta 2, it wont let me. It gives me an error after it starts to install the files and then wants to reboot....any thoughts?  BTW--its a dual boot, Vista and XP PRO and the reason to go back to B2 is to try to do an upgrade from a good working copy of B2.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:53 PM

Answers

• I have been doing clean installs and it still wont allow me to go back...I think Vista installs some *** onto your XP drive and then RC1 sees it and wont allow Beta 2 to be installed.

The raid controller worked fine in Beta 2 and I do not use it in raid mode...Vista RC1 for some reason doesn't like the Intel 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller drivers. RC1 doesn't install these drivers, instead it gives me a generic controller driver and once I try to install these drivers I get either blue/blackSD on reboot or RC1 simply wont mount those partitions/drive. 

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:34 PM

All replies

• Instead of trying to reinstall from Beta 2(which it won't allow you because you can not downgrade from build to build), try doing a clean install. As for your SATA drive, it is possible that the raid controllers could not be vista capable yet which is why it has trouble finding it.

Hope this helps

Andre Rivera

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:11 PM
  • I have been doing clean installs and it still wont allow me to go back...I think Vista installs some *** onto your XP drive and then RC1 sees it and wont allow Beta 2 to be installed.

The raid controller worked fine in Beta 2 and I do not use it in raid mode...Vista RC1 for some reason doesn't like the Intel 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller drivers. RC1 doesn't install these drivers, instead it gives me a generic controller driver and once I try to install these drivers I get either blue/blackSD on reboot or RC1 simply wont mount those partitions/drive. 

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:34 PM
  • Have you checked the intel site for new vista drivers? Also, you should be able to install you XP drivers if you have to.  My SATA drive is working fine since I was able to install the startup driver the driver manufactor had provided me in XP.

Glenn
    Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:52 PM
  • I believe that I am using the current drivers, although there doesn't seem to be any support on INTEL's website for Vista and Dell (the make of my PC) says they wont support Vista until it comes out.  The XP drivers for the controller crashes RC1.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:47 PM