Message delayed RRS feed

• Question

• I have exchange server 2007 and on random domains I am getting message delayed the exchange server will still try to send message. We are not on any blacklists and the queue looks good.  Any reason why we are getting this message?

Gerald

Friday, October 21, 2011 5:21 PM

Answers

• If you were on a blacklist you wouldn't be getting delay messages, the message would fail immediately.

Message delay means either the server cannot make the connection or the remote side isn't accepting the connection. Most of the time the problem is out of your control and there is nothing that you can do about it.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 11:03 PM

All replies

• If you were on a blacklist you wouldn't be getting delay messages, the message would fail immediately.

Message delay means either the server cannot make the connection or the remote side isn't accepting the connection. Most of the time the problem is out of your control and there is nothing that you can do about it.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 11:03 PM
  • On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 23:03:38 +0000, Sembee wrote:

>If you were on a blacklist you wouldn't be getting delay messages, the message would fail immediately.

In most cases that's true, but some places return a 4xx status. It's
    not common, but it happens.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:06 AM
  • If you can can track the message hops all the way to the remote domain and work with all the reposnisble teams for those hops, you will get your answer.
    Sukh
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:55 PM