WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL DOES NOT UPDATE RRS feed

• Question

• Back in December, I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with the windows 7 Professional installed, up gradable to win!0. I haven't been able to download any win 7 Updates since. Not only the automatic update is setup for every day, but I tried several times to check for updates through the windows updates, and control panel updates troubleshooter. Every time the process starts it stays at the checking for updates windows and it hangs there for ever. I also have checked the update download history and there is nothing there either. how could this get fixed?

Thanks

Monday, December 26, 2016 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Is there any error code or error message?
    Were there any errors when you run the updates troubleshooter?

(Path: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories Windows update)

If put this computer into another network environment, will it act different?

Please ensure Windows update service are running. And if there is any antivirus software installed ,please turn them off temporarily to have a check. Then, if the issue persists, try to run the Windows Update Reset Components Tool:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

There is no error message. When the update process is initiated (either by going into the windows update program (windows update screenshot) or control panel) then choosing the check for updates (windows updates 2) take us to the checking for the updates window which stays there and goes no further. When the updating system is working, after a short while(depending on your internet connection and speed) either you see a list of the new updates, or it says that windows is up to date.

One time I left the computer on for 4 hours but looking for updates window was still there. 

I think the is a problem with my windows updating module. Can you help?

Thanks,

Friday, December 30, 2016 4:38 PM
  • Hi,

There is no error message. When the update process is initiated (either by going into the windows update program (windows update screenshot) or control panel) then choosing the check for updates (windows updates 2) take us to the checking for the updates window which stays there and goes no further. When the updating system is working, after a short while(depending on your internet connection and speed) either you see a list of the new updates, or it says that windows is up to date.

One time I left the computer on for 4 hours but looking for updates window was still there. 

I think the is a problem with my windows updating module. Can you help?

Thanks,

P.S. I took the screen shots but cannot attache them. they are normal windows for the updating process.

Friday, December 30, 2016 4:41 PM