Client Reverts to Older Management Pack Version RRS feed

• Question

• I have a really odd problem.  We upgraded a series of management packs for a specific software package, a total of 9 in all.  Some of the new features for the MP did not work, so their tech support updated 2 of the MPs to include additional debugging info specifically related to their software package.  The version of the new debug MPs were also incremented.  For awhile we were getting the debugging info that we expected.  However, a few days ago the debugging info was no longer reporting as expected and their support is telling us it looks like the client is using the pre-debug version of the MP.  Around the time the client server reverted back to the non-debug MP, the VM host the management server was on crashed and it did not fail over correctly.  A reboot resolved that issue.

I have checked the version of the MPs on the client, the management servers and the RMS  by opening the corresponding files located under, C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Management Packs.  In each instance the versions are correct.  I have also flused the OpsMgr cache on the client server a few times, but that did not make any difference.

How is it possible the client server can be using a different version of the MP than what is in its C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Management Packs directory.  Could this info be cached somewhere else on either the client server, the management server or the RMS?

thanks,

LM

Friday, March 1, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Firstly, please let us know how you noticed this issue,

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

1. If the agents are in Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 computers, please try the following hotfix:

Management servers or assigned agents unexpectedly appear as unavailable in the Operations Manager console in Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981263

2. Please also try removing the imported MP and re-import it again.

If the issue persists, please also check the Event Log on both the management server and the agent.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Nicholas Li Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 18, 2013 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:56 AM