none
Microsoft Project Professional 2013 shows over allocations only on one particular machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

I got a strange issue. On one particular machine, MPP 2013 is showing over allocation of resource, whereas on other machine it is not shown. 

Firstly I thought it was a cache issue for one particular project. But even after clearing the cache I could see over allocation.

Now this issue is for every plan I open in my machine thru MPP.

Other strange thing is that, if I close that particular plan and reopen over allocation of resources disappeared and when I reopen it again I see over allocation. 

I have checked the resource leveling option. Whatever option I select, I can see over allocation. Whether it be Minute by Minute or Hour by Hour etc.

Regards

M. Ashwath Kumar Reddy

Friday, June 1, 2018 5:15 AM

All replies

• Are you "loading summary Resource Assignments" when opening Microsoft Project - there is an option if you opt for Manual connection to load or not load this information - not loading allows you to view resource demand in isolation whereas loading allows you to appreciate resource demand in total.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Friday, June 1, 2018 7:51 AM
  • I don't know the cause or fix, but I suggest for your consideration/investigation:

• Are all machines running exactly the same version of Project?
    • Are all machines opening the same exact file and then same version of the file? If so, from where? (a file server or local copy?)  I ask this as there may be version differences.
    • I also assume all the machines do not have the same project file opened at the same time when you are doing this comparison? (my recollection this not possible as file is locked, but maybe something going on?)
    • Have you pressed F9 to recalculate on all?
    • Perhaps the file is corrupted. If you export the file into XML, then reimport (see FAQ about un-corrupting a file) and if after doing that, inspect the new file on two suspect machines where you previously saw differences.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Friday, June 1, 2018 7:53 AM