Need help with Sqlite update RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if this is the right forum, but I am having trouble getting an Update to work on a SQLite database. I have 2 places in my script that updates the table, but only one of those ways works. I have looked at the SQL statement and they both look the same.

Here is the part that works:

function Update-Record ($computerObj)
    {
    	$sqlCmd = "UPDATE Refresh SET 
    	Model = '$($computerObj.Model)', Autologon = '$($computerObj.Autologon)', BCA = '$($computerObj.BCA)', Description = '$($computerObj.Description)', OS = '$($computerObj.OS)', `
    	Site = '$($computerObj.Site)', Monitor1 = '$($computerObj.Monitor1)', Monitor2 = '$($computerObj.Monitor2)', Printers = '$($computerObj.Printers)', `
    	DHCPEnabled = '$($computerObj.DHCPEnabled)', IPAddress = '$($computerObj.IPAddress)', SCCMApps = '$($computerObj.SCCMApps)', ManualApps = '$($computerObj.ManualApps)', `
    	TopConsoleUser = '$($computerObj.TopConsoleUser)', TCU_FirstName = '$($computerObj.TCU_FirstName)', TCU_LastName = '$($computerObj.TCU_LastName)', `
        MgrFirstName = '$($computerObj.MgrFirstName)', MgrLastName = '$($computerObj.MgrLastName)' WHERE ComputerName = '$($computerObj.ComputerName)'"
    	try
    	{
    		Invoke-SqliteQuery -datasource $datasource -Query $sqlCmd
    	}
    	catch
    	{
    		Write-Debug $_.Exception.Message
    	}
    }

The above function works great - I can see the SQLite db file updating its timestamp. Here is the function that does NOT work:

function Update-Record ($computerObj)
    {
    	$datasource = ".\Refresh.sqlite;Version=3"

$sqlcmd = "Update Refresh Set 
    	RefreshDate = '$($computerObj.RefreshDate)', InstallTech = '$($computerObj.InstallTech)', Status = '$($computerObj.Status)' Where ComputerName = '$($computerObj.ComputerName)'"
    	try
    	{
    		Invoke-Sqlitequery -Datasource $datasource -Query $sqlcmd

}
    	catch
    	{
    		Write-Debug $_.Exception.Message
    	}

}

I verified that the data is in the object before it tries to update the table. I'm at a loss though. This is the last big hurdle I need to clear before I can have users test this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Friday, August 4, 2017 3:23 PM

All replies