How 2 users remote desktop to same PC but different user account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I know that remote desktop only allow one session at a time, but I heard someone told me that we can remote desktop to one computer at a same time, but different account. For example:

PC1 => PC3 User1

PC2 => PC3 User2

I tried before, but Windows not allow me to do so, it will disconnect PC1 connection same as we connect to same user account.

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:15 AM

All replies

• If you deploy RDS on this host - yes, it will be working.

But apriori only one RDP session is available on client OS and 2 RDP sessions on Server OS.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:05 AM
  •  Hello,

-"we can remote desktop to one computer at a same time, but different account"

->If you deploy RDS on this host yes it works.

-"it will disconnect PC1 connection same as we connect to same user account.."

->Please check if Admin accont logged in the session using Command in PC3:

query session

Besides, can you share the error meesage if there is?

Best Regards,

Yvonne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:07 AM
  • hi, are there any update in this case?

Best Regards,

Yvonne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:48 AM
  • Hi, sorry for late reply.

While PC1 is connecting to PC3 user1(admin), I'm using PC2 to connect PC3 user2(admin).

It shows me this message. "Another user is signed in, If you continue, they'll be disconnected. Do you want to sign in anyway?"

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:06 AM
  • PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> query session
     SESSIONNAME       USERNAME                 ID  STATE   TYPE        DEVICE
     services                                    0  Disc
    >rdp-tcp#53        admin                     1  Active
                       ACC                       3  Disc
     console                                     5  Conn
     rdp-tcp                                 65536  Listen
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:08 AM
  • Hi,

we can use below link method to verify your technet forum account so that you can post picture and website link. Please make sure that the pictures you post do not contain your company and your private information (including but not limited to domain name, public IP, email account, domain account, etc.). These private information must be altered. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c00b9a9-3afe-4ee9-bbf0-34157716b92a/verify-my-account?forum=reportabug

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Best Regards,

Yvonne

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:32 AM
  • OK, meaning that for Windows Professional RDP host, only one session is allow although connect to host with separate account acc1 and acc2?

TQ.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 12:46 AM
  • No, there should be 2 sessions,

please run cmd get-windowsfeature in PowerShell as administrator to checked if there are more accounts kicked your account down.

Best Regards,

Yvonne

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 9:47 AM
  • hi, is there any update?

Best Regards,

Yvonne

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:14 AM
  • hi, is there any update?

Friday, July 31, 2020 8:31 AM